Turner & Pease Company has been in business since 1902. Originally incorporated
as Miller, Reed, Pease Company, the name was changed to Turner & Pease Company
in 1910. H.E. Turner became the first generation of Turners to ascend to
President in 1907. Since then, and four generations later, a member of the
Turner family has served as President.
In 1919, W.M. Pease ‘retired’ because he and Mr. Turner had different
philosophies on how to run the business. As the legend goes, Mr. Pease kept the
booze in the safe and the money in the drawer. Although Pease was out of the
business, the name of the company remained the same.
Throughout the years Turner & Pease has gone through many changes. Besides
butter, the product line has varied quite a bit. Through it all, Turner & Pease
has built a reputation of quality, integrity, and dependability in the Pacific
Northwest and beyond.